Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Have You seen FACTORY GIRL yet?

Because if you haven't, I suggest that you do. (however, it is rated 18A....)
There is something about watching the life (the true life) of another unfold.... as she makes mistakes, and as she learns from them.... or as she doesn't.
The movie follows the life of Andy Worhol's project, and 60's IT girl Eddie Sedgewick. Her rise, and her not so sudden fall. It makes you love her, root for her, and cry for her. It makes you hate the very existance of Andy Worhol, but at the same time, wonder at his way of life, and how he remained so influential. It makes you want to be like her... in her early days.
and I think that is the part that haunts you even after you watch the movie, because you can't help but wonder, if, were that you, in those same exact situations.... would you do the same thing?
Is all you really want from life, fame?
Would you let your first love go, only to regret it the rest of your life?
What if, everyone wanted to be just like you?
What if famous people summoned you into their presance?

But in the end, what gets me, is what drew all those around Eddie Sedgewick in, in the first place. That personality..... before the drugs. The one that lived life.
And maybe thats where I see myself in her. I see myself in the exact same games she played. I see my self walking along the sidewalk trying to balance on an invisible line.
So can I help but wonder, if I could have the same end as her? What would, and will make me different?

What about those things that make us so different? her tradgic beginings.... do they always have to be coupled with tradgic endings? if so, why? why is the world like that?
If I am allowed to change topic here, I might.....
Tradgic world. I believe thats what we live in. As I've begun my life.... as an adult, going to work, day in and day out.... not nessicarily loving what I do, and seeing far too many people in that same place... why do we feel we have to do crappy jobs in order to make money in order for us to be happy? why does life depend on such simple tradgedy? why can't we just do what we love... all of us. even if we don't know what it is....why is it that I have to keep my job right now, which I don't love (I dont hate it either, don't get me wrong) in order to make a good history for my resume, instead of going out and trying something totally new... having a new experience.

And that just brings me back to Eddie Sedgwick.... she did what she loved... she loved what she did.
But she was also an heiress.
Can't the world do what they love without ending up in such major crises that we become defined by tradgedy?

I dunno, I see far too much shit for this world that God created to see more than a million daily tradgedies..... and I just wonder..... isn't there more to life? Can't we all have a bit of contagious personality, if we just lived the way that we wanted?
Or would we all end up like the FACTORY GIRL.

watch it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home