Tuesday, May 22, 2007

May 22, 2007 Post (for lack of a better title... sorry)

Hello Friends!
What a week its been, since I've last updated you!Jesus has made my rooms increasingly difficult this year, and this last week, my new room mates really just pushed some of my limits when it came to mothering them. Finally, I realized that within my room there were some trust issues as well as some problems with judging eachother without really knowing each other. So I organised a room night where we ate some real food, and shared all of our testimonies. That was really good. I learned that some of my room mates come from the picture perfect christian homes, while others came from really difficult backgrounds. Its like Jesus took every level of background- perfect to terrible, and put us together to see how we'd get along. Since then, many problems have been solved- although many of them are above my head, and some of which I felt I needed to go to someone with more authority than me to deal with them.... Last week was also prayer day, on thursday. It was my third and final prayer day here at capernwray, and it was very good. I know it wasn't all that it could have been because I took the time that should have been spent praying to have a two hour nap in the afternoon. I don't feel I need to justify it, because I think Jesus just really wanted to give me that as a gift, after my especially hard week. But the time that I actually used to pray was so unbelievably good. If you remember, at the begining of the year God told me that he would teach me how much he loved me, well this prayer day he told me that now I know, and now I need to show other people, but I needed to do one more thing first- give him my WHOLE heart, and keep nothing for myself. So in the evening, when we had the opportunity to leave sins, or situations at the cross with Jesus, I took my heart, and left it there, on the cross for Jesus to have.All week, the worship song has been stuck in my head- Lord you have my heart, and I will search for yours. Wow. how powerful is that? I love that. I feel so empty now... but so free... like there is so much for Jesus to tell me, so many ways he can use me, so many places he can send me. I had a great break, and much needed, this weekend from school where I went down to Norwich (pronounced NOr-riCH) to visit my Grandma's Cousins. They were wonderful to me, and in my family style, completly nutty, and it was wonderful. It truely made me homesick for home, especially family. This week we have a great speaker, Ridge Burns, who is speaking on Living The Christian life, or something like that. He is extremely funny and interactive, and I think I'll get alot out of his lectures, as he is making it personal, and applicable.
I am dead tired now, so I'm going to retire!
I miss you all! its only 26 days now!
Love,Laurel

1 Comments:

Blogger Dan King said...

Excited to hear what God has been doing in and through you. See you soon ...

::dan::

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home