Saturday, May 26, 2007

21 Days Till I'm home!

Hey everyone!
well... another week has passed and now, as in today, it is three weeks till I get home.... 19 days till I leave Capernwray Hall for who knows how long. Its kinda sad, but honestly, I'm really excited to come home... to have a room to myself, to see my family and friends, and everything that comes with home... good food, nice smelling laudry, and ALOT of unknowns, but thats all ok. This week our lecturer was Ridge Burns, and he lectured on.... well, I don't really know what his topic was... but it was a procedure of figuring out who you are in Christ. So we did things like personality tests, spiritual gifting tests, listening style tests and self evaluations. At the end of the week, as in yesterday, we had a half an hour of refection time and we were to answer some questions in wich we would find our mission statement for our lives. I was quite frustrated with it at first, untill I talked with my friend Sallie, who put everything into perspective. Then we were supposed to write down our dream. The one that God gave us. It took a while to dig out, but then we were to see how it aligned with our mission statement, and then Ridge challenged us to go with it, and pursue it, because God wants to see that happen... I am still working through some of that, but hey... when I get home in 3 weeks, ask me about it and I'll share with you what God has revealed to me. Oh, but my spiritual gifts were (don't get too surprised here), Exhortation (aka encouragement), Hospitaltiy, Service, Prayer and (?) Pastoring. My personality, when described by Ridge was 'party animal', but in reality was the most outgoing personality, that is really good at procrastonating. The downfall of it is that we build alot of really shallow friendships and often don't have deep relationships for a long span. My listening style is that of personal, I relate to people and emotions rather than facts and data, or time. Its kinda hard to describe all of these... but I'd say that most of the tests we took were accurate. This week we also had a book report due, which I procrastonated as long as I could and barely managed to get it done on time, but I did. This next week we have three assignments due, and I haven't started one of them, and I'm a bit stressed about that, especially since I don't have ANY time today to do it at all. OH! today is open day, where we open the school up to the public and have activities and tours available for them. We also will have an international display... at which I am in charge of the canada booth. its gonna be a lot of fun. We are serving pancakes with maple syrup and timmy ho's coffee. I have a slideshow of 110 pictures, and some canadian music to play. Its gonna be fun.Next weekend is our last weekend here.... and I'll have to start packing. AH! you have no idea how stressed I am about that. I have to leave some stuff here, and that makes me so sad. some of it I will be glad to be rid of. It makes me think of all the stuff that I haven't even used sinceI've been here for spring school. I've used it all for winter school... but I could have sent ALOT more stuff home. I am getting so excited to come home. I need ot make sure that my focus is still here and that I am getting the most out of my last three weeks, so if you could pray for that, that would be great!
I love you guys!
Laurel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home