Saturday, June 02, 2007

Almost Home!

Hello Friends!
Wow. I'm down to less then two weeks left here in England. The Other day when I messaged my dear brother Jeremy, telling him how I am so ready to be home, he replyed with advice that you would only get from an older brother, 'don't forget that this is something you won't get to do again for a long time.' wow. That hit me, but in such a good way. And then I got a letter from one of my friends here, and she said that one of her favorite things about me was how I'm not scared of living life, no matter what people think of me.
So if you take that in your thoughts.... you will not be surprised at what I did this week! One day, three friends (Micah, Phil and Bill) and I spent about an hour trying to scale the castle walls, pretty much with no luck... I fell off a 6 foot wall, and Micah got stuck in a corner sitting on some moulding. Then we sat on the lawn and just hung out.... except in the end, Micah's Flip Flop and Bill's Shoe ended up on the roof of the Dining hall...and Surprise surprise... guess who got thrown up there to fetch them? oh. ME! It was fun though. Then Yesterday, My room mate Julie, and my neighbors Micah and Nicole and I all walked up to a forest up the road from the school, where there is a tree called the penny tree. it is called this becasue there are alot of pennys stuck into the bark of the tree. So we took up our leftover change and put it in the tree. that was so much fun.. I know it kinda sounds lame, but it was so much fun. And then we came back and I got about 20 people to play hop scotch with me! yay! I love hop scotch. ...and I got to play my harmonica yesterday too! and Heidi and I played on the tireswing out in the field. that was a blast and a half!
Today I'm headed to Liverpool with Heidi. I think we're mostly gonna have a laid back day. I'm excited to get out of this place for a while and just relax.
I have a project on philippians Due on monday, so I have to get that done sometime soon, and really catch up in my bible reading.
This last week's lecturers were not exciting at all. in fact, I fell asleep in a few, and maybe skipped a couple too. Rob Whittaker, our principle was good as usual. he is currently teaching on 1&2 Timothy, and in that the role of women in the church, as misinterpreted in the passage in 1 tim. chapter 2. Its really good, and I am very much enjoying it.... he has alot of the background and context behind the verses that he is sharing with us, as well as about 8 different interpretations of the view.
Next week we have a man we had in winter school called John Allen. he is a really quirky scotsman, and he is so knowledgable and so wise, and so funny. I am very much looking forward to him.
So these last two weeks, I am living my life, and I am trying to get the most out of every moment. I am going to miss england so much.
But I need to run now, so I don't miss the bus to liverpool!
Love,
Laurel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home